Please note: Safety precautions at the Museums may change frequently as we closely follow safety recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and the City of Kansas City, Missouri.
The safety of our staff, guests, and volunteers is of the utmost importance at the Wornall/Majors House Museums. The following safety procedures will be observed for all tours, events, and gatherings at the Museums:
- Both the Wornall and Majors House are offering self-guided tours only. Guided tours will resume at a future date to be determined by monitoring health and safety information throughout the remainder of the year.
- Museum capacity will be limited to 15 visitors at a time. Guests arriving separately will be asked to exercise a 6-foot social distancing space from other guests in the museum. During busy times, staff may ask visitors to wait briefly to enter the museum or parts of the museums.
- In accordance with the City of Kansas City, Missouri, masks are required for all guests of the Museums.
- All touchable display items have been removed from tours.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing areas are clearly marked in the Museums.
- Staff will observe enhanced sanitization procedures, particularly for common surfaces like doorknobs and railings.
- Private tours and field trips can be scheduled, but are at extremely limited capacity. Virtual tours and Zoom meetings with staff or historic experts can be scheduled upon request.
Thank you for helping us keep the Museums safe and healthy!
Contact: Sarah Bader-King