Please note: Safety precautions at the Museums may change frequently as we closely follow safety recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and the City of Kansas City, Missouri.
The safety of our staff, guests, and volunteers is of the utmost importance at the Wornall/Majors House Museums. The following safety procedures are currently in place:
- Masks are strongly recommended for all guests, staff, and volunteers of the Museums through March 31, 2022. This includes public and private tours, educational events, and youth camps. Guests are welcome to utilize outdoor spaces unmasked.
- Attendance may be limited for select events such as camp and social events. Mask mandates may be in place for individual events if social distancing can not be easily maintained.
- Guests arriving separately will be asked to exercise a 6-foot social distancing space from other guests in the museum. During busy times, staff may ask visitors to wait briefly to enter the museum or parts of the museums.
- Guided tours are temporarily discontinued. The museum can still be visited during self-guided tour hours.
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing areas are clearly marked in the Museums.
- Staff will observe enhanced sanitization procedures, particularly for common surfaces like doorknobs and railings.
- Private tours and field trips can be scheduled but will be scheduled on a case-by-case basis and may be modified for safety reasons. Virtual tours and Zoom meetings with staff or historic experts can be scheduled upon request.
The following tour schedule will be observed through March 31, 2022 and is subject to change:
Alexander Majors House
Closed for the season
Re-opens March 31, 2022
John Wornall House
Self-guided tours 10:00 AM – Noon; 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Self-guided tours 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Thank you for helping us keep the Museums safe and healthy!
Contact: Sarah Bader-King