Please note: Safety precautions at the Museums may change frequently as we closely follow safety recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and the City of Kansas City, Missouri.
The safety of our staff, guests, and volunteers is of the utmost importance at the Wornall/Majors House Museums. The following safety procedures are currently in place:
- Masks are no longer required at the museums, but are welcome if you prefer them!
- Attendance may be limited for select events such as camp and social events.
- Guests arriving separately will be asked to exercise a 6-foot social distancing space from other guests in the museum. During busy times, staff may ask visitors to wait briefly to enter the museum or parts of the museums.
- Staff will observe enhanced sanitization procedures, particularly for common surfaces like doorknobs and railings.
- Some field trip activities may be slightly modified to decrease common surfaces and increase student spacing.
We are following the current tour schedule:
Alexander Majors House
Closed for the season
Re-opens April 2023
John Wornall House
Self-guided tours 10:00 AM – Noon; 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Guided tours Saturday at 1:00 and 2:00 PM.
Self-guided tours 1:00 – 4:00 PM
Thank you for helping us keep the Museums safe and healthy!
Contact: Sarah Bader-King