Wedding Rentals at the Alexander Majors Barn
|Follow Wornall/Majors’s board Weddings in the Majors Barn on Pinterest.
The Alexander Majors Barn is the perfect venue for your magical wedding. Centrally located, get the rustic charm of a barn wedding without the inconvenience of being far from the city. Located at the corner of 82nd and State Line Road, your guests and vendors won’t have to travel far to arrive at your beautiful wedding. The historic Alexander Majors House, also located on the property, will add a wonderful and unique background for your wedding photos.
Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis, so don’t delay – view the barn and schedule your event soon!
To view the barn, please schedule an appointment online below. For other questions, feel free to call 816-444-1858 or email email@example.com.
Accommodations, prices, and more details below.
The Alexander Majors Barn accommodates 150-175 people, dependent upon setup. The barn is 32 feet wide and 54 feet long (2,592 sq. ft.) with a loft in the upper East one-half of the structure.
Friday and Saturday: $1,900 (10 hour rental period)
Sunday: $1,200 (10 hour rental period)
Monday-Thursday: $80/hour (6 hour minimum)
Monday-Thursday Non-Profit Rate: $50/hour (4 hour minimum)
Rentals cannot start earlier than 8am or end later than 1am.
Holiday Rates: Please note that Friday/Saturday rates apply to all federal holidays, regardless of the day of the week they fall on: New Year’s Day (Jan. 1), Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Jan. 16), President’s Day (Feb. 20), Memorial Day (May 29), Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day (Sept. 4), Columbus Day (Oct. 9), and Veteran’s Day (Nov. 11). Friday/Saturday rate also applies on: Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14), Christmas Eve (Dec. 24) and New Year’s Eve (Dec. 31). The barn is not available for rentals on Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Optional Add-On Fees:
- If alcohol is served at your event, you are required to pay for security provided by the Alexander Majors Barn for a minimum of 3 hours ($110/3 hours).
- Additional weekend hours are available for $80 per hour.
- The interior of the historic Alexander Majors House is available for wedding portraits for $100/hour.
Making a Payment:
We can accept cash, check, and all major credit cards. If paying by credit card, an additional 2% processing fee will be charged.
Reserving a Date
We operate on a first come, first serve basis in terms of reserving a date. In order to secure the date, we require a $600 security deposit and signed agreement. The date is not secure unless both components have been received by the Wornall/Major House Museum. Half ($300) of the security deposit is refundable and will be sent to you after your event, providing the barn is as you found it. The remaining $300 is non-refundable, but will be applied toward your final payment.
Included in your rental are the following:
- 30 rectangle banquet tables (six feet long and can seat 6-8 people)
- 140 folding metal chairs
- Private bridal suite
- Catering kitchen
- Picnic tables and several park benches available to be used during the rental. (All outdoor furniture must be returned to original location after event.)
- Full use of the grounds for event photography. For an additional fee of $100, the Majors House can be opened for photographs. Because of the historic nature of the House, an additional agreement must be signed. More information at: .
In order to have alcohol at your event, a licensed bartender must serve ALL alcohol, including but not limited to wine, beer, champagne, or hard liquor. Security is required for all events involving alcohol. Please see pricing above for details.
Prices and accommodations subject to change, Please check frequently for the most up to date information.